Dragaera

started rereading _TPotD_ -- Issola spoilers

Mon Jul 14 13:47:48 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 03:35:55PM -0400, Mark A Mandel wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Kenneth Gorelick wrote:
>
> #Why do you think that Morrolan PUT the soul in the sword? The Great
> #weapons were created long ago, with only Godslayer having been delayed
> #by the gods themselves.
>
> Do we have textev for that?

(I'm not Kenneth, but I'll play him on the net for a minute.  :-))

Yes and no.  We have clear evidence that Pathfinder was *not* created
by the current wielder, and no evidence that any other weapon was
created by the current wielder.  We *do* have clear evidence (Sethras
comments about 'waking up' near the end of Issola) that Godslayer
may have a personality that is essentially Teldras.

We know from numerous references that Great Weapons have personalities.
And we know that all Morganti weapons are 'semi-sentient' (I think
that was the phrase used).

We know from early Vlad books that a Great Weapon can temporarily
hold the soul of it's wielder and later release it.

But we don't know if the absorption of a soul is a necessary part
of the creation of a Great Weapon.  Nor do we even know if it's a
necessary part of the creation of Godslayer.  We should bear in
mind that what we see in Issola is the *reassembly* of Godslayer
>from Spellbreaker, a Morganti dagger, and Teldra.  Of those three
parts, it may well be that only Spellbreaker was part of the original
Godslayer.

>From text, I think that's all we really know.  Which, by omission,
means we don't know *who* disassembled Godslayer.  But Sethra might,
and IMHO Verra knows as well.