Dragaera

_Orca_ spoiler in Timothy Nelson's post in thread RE: Phoenix and Gods

Wed Aug 6 10:50:46 PDT 2003

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 "Warlord" <warlord at dragon.com> wrote:

>I disagree with this.  The length of time that a book has been out
>in no way establishes when a person might discover that book. As an
>example, lets take a teenager just discovering The Lensman Series.
>The series has been out what, about 60+ years ?

In my experience, that teenager will not sign up for the list until he has
read at least a goodly portion of the series.  He has no incentive to do
otherwise.

The last time I checked, the purpose of this list was to discuss the various
Dragaera novels.  While it is common courtesy to avoid giving out spoilers
for the new book in the series, if we extend spoiler coverage to every book
SB has ever written, the list can have no non-spoiler content.  Anyone who
subscribes to a book discussion list has to assume that there will be
information about books he hasn't read on that list.  If you don't want to
see any spoilers at all, then don't subscribe to the list until you're
caught up.

Jesse Thomas

"Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance by
blowing stuff up." - B. Potemkin