Dragaera

Physical book defects and such (No SPOILERS)

Tue Aug 12 09:22:42 PDT 2003

> That and the fact that Steven got Fabio to pose for the cover.

Don't blame the author for what the cover artist did.  Authors
almost never have any input into this process, and are quite often
appalled at the results.  Also, remember that the job of a book
cover is *not* to accurately represent anything about the contents;
it's job is to help sell the book.

[Not that I have any particular complaints about this individual
cover myself; this is just a recurring argument.]

Alexx

Alexx Kay
Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of my employers
alexx at world.std.com
http://world.std.com/~alexx
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed
 or numbered.  My life is my own."
    "Is it?"
      -- The Prisoner