Dragaera

Lord of Castle Black

Tue Aug 12 16:54:45 PDT 2003

>From: "Rachel L. Ruhlen" <melalvai at kemenel.org on Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:31:38
>-0500
>
>Just finished reading _The Lord of Castle Black_. I'm way behind on
>messages, because I've been avoiding reading them until I was finished.
>Here's my initial thoughts and then I'll go read the other messages and
>find
>out 10 other people have already pointed this out.

Snip to a different question...

>Zerika's Easterner lover named Laszlo rang a bell. Sure enough, there's a
>Laszlo in _Brokedown Palace_. I concluded he can't be the same guy. That
>Laszlo is King Laszlo who was crazy. I was willing to overlook the age
>issue, because assuming her Easterner lover is the same we hear rumors
>about
>from Vlad (not necessarily a safe assumption, I am aware), he's lived a
>long
>time, and we have some hints that Easterner witches can live as long as
>Dragaerans. Maybe longer. So, I speculate that her lover may be a
>descendant
>of Miklos.

Miklos and Brigitte are almost current with Vlad, i.e. Cawti is Brigitte's
daughter (IIRC, SKZB has admitted to this previously), so this would put
Zerika's Laszlo close to two hundred years before Miklos and his brother
Laszlo. S Zerika's Laszlo may be an ancestor, may be the same guy (would
explain why he went a little nuts), but can't be a descendent. Then again,
maybe Laszlo is the John Smith of Fenario?