Dragaera

Great Weapons

Sat Aug 16 00:34:24 PDT 2003

Matthew Hunter wrote:

>On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 11:46:41PM -0700, Philip Hart <philiph at SLAC.Stanford.EDU> wrote:

>>>IIRC, it was speculated by the characters that Baritt may not
>>>have known he had a Great Weapon.  Even if he did, it strikes me
>>>that if anything could cause a Great Weapon to return to a
>>>quiescent state, the death of it's wielder would certainly
>>>qualify.
>>>

>>My point was that PF was active enough for B to hold off an army/defy the
>>Empire all by himself.  B being assassinated isn't consistent with him
>>being bonded with PF, it's true, but he isn't an idiot either.
>>

>Morrolan was assassinated while bonded.  Carrying a GW is not a
>get-out-of-death-free card.  Presumably you still need to be
>revivifiable.

Well...  (Poorly) Quoting _Issola_ "...A great weapon will always act to
preserve the soul of its bearer. There were bonds of love between..."
My first thought upon reading that last paragraph was that perhaps only
PF would act to preserve the soul of its bearer...a unique quality
applicable to only it.  But then I recalled Vlad's assertion from
_Issola_ about that.  Also, this argues the point that PF wasn't fully
awake at the point of Barritt's demise.