Dragaera

Lazarus

Mon Aug 18 12:41:21 PDT 2003

Points to Jon/Raven for posting a picutre of his foot, clearly stuffed into
his mouth.

Also, points to Lazarus for a great name, picked from two very fun games.

And I would it noted to Jon that *I* found Brust first, *YOU* can't have
him, so nyeh!

Daemian
just another Ass^2in

----- Original Message -----
From: "lazarus" <lazarus33pjf at cox.net>
To: <Dragaera at dragaera.info>
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 10:39 AM
Subject: Re: Lazarus

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:21:25 +0000, you wrote:

>Raven: (12:19 PM) ya bastid
>Ultimate Joe: (12:19 PM) what?
>Raven: (12:20 PM) I didn't know you liked Steven Brust
>Ultimate Joe: (12:20 PM) Who?
>Raven: (12:20 PM) aw crap
>Raven: (12:20 PM) Who is Lazarus Long?
>Ultimate Joe: (12:20 PM) A character in several Robert Heinlein novels.
>Raven: (12:20 PM) ah....
>Raven: (12:20 PM) well, I'm on this mailing list
>Raven: (12:20 PM) and on it is a Lazarus
>Ultimate Joe: (12:21 PM) (I am a bastard though... I have an unreleased
ROTK
>trailer.)
>Raven: (12:21 PM) recently, he was called Lazarus Long
>Ultimate Joe: (12:21 PM) What mailing list?
>Raven: (12:21 PM) So, I figured, how many Lazarus Longs can there be
>Raven: (12:21 PM) a mailing list for the world of Steven Brust
>Ultimate Joe: (12:21 PM) Never heard of hi.
>Raven: (12:21 PM) So I sent a bunch of emails to the list, assuming that
>Lazarus Long was you.
>Raven: (12:21 PM) Crap.
>
>:/

Well, oddly enough, my nick, lazarus, was only partially taken from
the Heinlein Lazarus.  I also got it from my uncanny and annoying
tendency to "come back from the dead" when playing various games, such
as Magic and Battletech.

--

lazarus

"Folly it may seem," said Haldir. "Indeed, in nothing is the power
of the Dark Lord more clearly shown than in the estrangement that
divides all those who still oppose him." -- J.R.R. Tolkien