Dragaera

A Mighty Thundering of LoCB Comments (_TLoCB SPOILERS)

Sat Sep 6 01:01:11 PDT 2003

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003, David Silberstein wrote:

> >> Allowing myself to speculate about another's speculation,

> My other thought was to what the cabal of Dragon, Phoenix & bastard
> Dzur-Tsalmoth are up to is that they are attempting at the end of LoCB
> is to either turn a god into a demon, or, at best, *bribe* a god
> somehow to get the Orb from Zerika to Illista.

I think "enlist" would be the journalistic word.

> Note that Lady Teldra may have given us the hint as to how well that
> works out.

Are people getting cagey, and if so why?  The obvious inference from
Teldra's comments about Tri'nagore not showing up at the poker game
anymore (_Issola_, pages 136-137) has been bandied about here.  I vote
we leave the enticing of readers by hinting at facts to the Master.

Actually, now that you phrase it this way, it seems to me that Teldra
could have told Vlad straight out that Tri'nagore decided to jump out
in front of the Cycle, a fact which I imagine will come out in _The
Enchantress of Dzur Mountain_ (which I refuse to call anything else).
However, maybe this is a case of Teldra not wanting to say anything bad
about someOne she hasn't met or Who has incurred the consequences of
jumping out in front of the Cycle.

On this point, note that we see (_TLoCB_, pg 389) Ordwynac bow to the
inevitable and give up on Kana, leaving only one god to carry on the
opposition to the impending satisfying triumph of our side.