Dragaera

A Mighty Thundering of LoCB Comments (_TLoCB SPOILERS)

Sat Sep 6 10:15:53 PDT 2003

On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 12:10:28AM -0700, David Silberstein wrote:

> Bah.  I think you're reading too much into it.  A far more likely
> interpretation is that Sethra Lavode & Aerich are the most admirable
> because they have the fewest personal weaknesses (Khaavren is

Speaking of which.
Sethra is a spooky legend to Kragar in _Taltos_.  I think Paarfi writes about
how feared and misunderstood she is.  I wonder how much scandal or
controversy there would be in Dragaera about his books presenting her as so
good and human.  Of course she has served in court, and supposedly appeared
there right before the Disaster... presumably the power elite is less
superstitious of her (while fearing her real power...) but what about the
'middle class' of lower nobility buying Paarfi's books?

-xx- Damien X-)