Dragaera

The title was originally "The Enchantress of Dzur Mountain"

Mon Oct 6 13:42:30 PDT 2003

--- Steve Hubbell <usagigoya at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >The title was originally "The Enchantress of Dzur
> Mountain".  This was
> >changed, at the suggestion of Patrick Nielsen
> Hayden, by Steve.
> >
> >Steven Brust wrote:Patrick noticed that the
> production people were all
> >having trouble
> pronouncing it, and looking embarrassed.  He thought
> it would be a good
> idea to be a little more friendly to new readers.  I
> agreed.  Patrick has
> amazing instincts for this sort of thing--I need to
> have a very strong
> preference to dispute with him.
> >

> What happens when the Vlad Taltos novel DZUR is
> published? Will the titles
> of the other (eventually) forthcoming Vlad Taltos
> books be changed to easier
> pronounced but more mundane titles?

I think Dzur is the hardest one to name. It's so
different from English...reminds me of Russian(like
czar) to my untrained eye, but is probably closer to
Hungarian. The rest of the names are pretty
English-like I think.

Doc