Dragaera

book by its

Tue Oct 7 19:26:41 PDT 2003

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 03:23:09PM -0700, Steven Brust wrote:

> > Hi, what I meant was, Does the cover art/title/back cover matter for the
> > third book of a trilogy?  Will random people actually buy the book?
>
> Oh.  Well, it seems odd to me, but I'm told that, yes, they do.

I started with _Phoenix_, although that's not a tight-trilogy situation.
Except insofar as it is a sequel to _Teckla_, but the book cover certainly
gave me no warning.

I think I got properly hooked when I realized that this Brust guy had also
written that _To Reign in Hell_ book I'd gotten a kick out of back when I
wasn't paying attention to the authors of books.

-xx- Damien X-)