Dragaera

Kragar (was: A thought concerning Skinter's future...)

Sun Nov 9 23:12:33 PST 2003

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003, David Silberstein wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Nov 2003, Philip Hart wrote:
>

> >I don't see "sometime in the last 250 years" as any sort of evidence
> >for the Skinter (what's below hypothesis?)
>
> Suggestion?
> Notion?
> Idea?
> Pulled-from-out-of-arse wild speculation?

I'm looking for some philosophy-of-science-blessed term, if possible with
a Greek root....

> > Finally note that K has plenty of dealings with Dragons in the
> >Vladiad, and there's a significant lack of him getting hacked to
> >death on sight.
>
> But why would anyone hack him to death?  Whatever he did may have been
> contemptible, and un-Dragon-like, but that doesn't mean that it would
> be worth killing him for...

I'm arguing against the Skinter-as-Kragar idea here.

> I just re-read in LoCB (chap. 53, pg 237) where Aerich is explaining
> means & ends, and states that what Skinter is doing - attacking the
> Empire - is the most terrible moral crime there is, which supports
> whoever suggested that upthread.  Which strongly implies that Skinter
> will be executed when this is all over.

Probably me, I'm fanatically opposed to this for some reason, even though
I like my Sethra-and-Aliera-killed-Tortaalik-and-smeared-Mario idea, which
is probably more of an affront to SKZB.

> However, I note while reading it that the phrase "grave moral crime"
> could just as easily apply to Adron e'Kieron's hissy-cow.  And again,
> this is a /Lyorn's/ POV; if Dragons cared about moral justification,
> well, they would fight a great deal less, I nearly think.

It's not clear to me that Aerich considered Adron to be a war criminal.

Anyway, crime or no, I think a lot of Dzurs and just random hotheads would
want a piece of Skinter, and not anything external.