Dragaera

Nanowrimo 2003 (why didn't somebody tell me!)

Laurie Brassard lmbrassard at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 10 18:59:25 PST 2003

--- Claire Rojstaczer <ambyrglow at softhome.net> wrote:
> >I'm pretty sure I can write 2400 words of crap per
> day - I'm just
> >not sure I *want* to.
>
> >So, is anyone else "in"?

As of yesterday I changed gears from "write a novel in
a month" to "finish a short story I've been working on
all year by the end of this month", so I guess I'm
officially off the wagon.  But still on the trail, I'd
say.

I tried it last year, as well.  I started without a
plot and ended up writing diddly but generating a few
ideas I developed all year, so it was worth it in the
end.  My advice to anyone is to give it a try but
don't set yourself up to be crushed if you don't
finish.  Oh, and I think working full-time and having
a toddler can reduce your word count to 25,000 with no
guilt.  Or maybe that's just me.  In any case, good
luck to all.