Dragaera

Nanowrimo 2003 (why didn't somebody tell me!)

Claire Rojstaczer ambyrglow at softhome.net
Mon Nov 10 13:27:43 PST 2003

>I'm pretty sure I can write 2400 words of crap per day - I'm just
>not sure I *want* to.

>So, is anyone else "in"?

I did it last year, successfully, but as of today I've decided to
give up on this year (though I'll probably still putter along a bit).
I've got 13k words, but getting to 50k was relying on me having lots
of time over Thanksgiving break, and the abrupt realization that I
have a 20 page research paper due the day after that kinda killed
that particular plan :-(.

But it's good fun, and definitely highly recommended, and you'd be
amazed at how uncrappy some of  the stuff is when you look at it
later.  Not that there aren't pages from last year that make me wince
(there are, lots). . .but there are also passages that make me sit
back and go, "Wow.  -I- wrote that?"

Claire