Dragaera

Divine maternity (WAS: Thoughts about Piro and Krytaan....)

Thu Nov 20 15:50:47 PST 2003

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Jag wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 13:04, Philip Hart wrote:
>
> > I was thinking that during Adron's double-take at the end of _TPG_ he was
> > recalling a ritual (which he hadn't understood at the time) where he
> > presented Verra with a vial of his blood (or some other precious bodily
> > fluid).  Or maybe not a vial, exactly.
>
> I always thought Adron was recalling a ritual that he fully understood,
> but just didn't expect Verra to be able to bear him a child, or to bear
> him one at all for that matter.  I believe its mentioned somewhere that
> dragaerans only have kids if they want to.  There are no accidental
> births with them.

Note that Verra's not Dragaeran.

Khaavren reportedly reports:

"... yet, to judge by Adron's countenance, the emotion he was feeling had
less of embarrassment or shame about it and more of excitement or wonder
which reaction did not escape Khaavren's notice."

Beyond that we're speculating.