Dragaera

OSC on the virtues of writer's block

Thu Dec 4 11:52:40 PST 2003

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Johne Cook wrote:

[Card says,]
> "I don't feel prolific. I'm keenly aware that if I could ever find the
> discipline to work steadily, I could write six books a year. My total of
> less than two a year tells you exactly how unsteadily I work (sighs).

I could write six books a year, though I'd get an RSI.  Maybe if he wrote
fewer books he could vary his themes a little and maybe incorporate some
personal growth, like into adulthood.  He's probably the most talented SF
writer out there whose work I have no more desire to read - and it's not
because his politics frighten me.