Dragaera

OSC on the virtues of writer's block

Fri Dec 5 12:45:07 PST 2003

Talpianna at aol.com writes:
  I'm reminded of something Winston Churchill once said (quote approximate):
  'To say "My country, right or wrong!" is like saying, "My mother, drunk or
  sober!"  If your mother is drunk, the thing to do is to sober her up!'

Actually, G. K. Chesterton said that.  The Winston Churchill quote is
along the lines of, "Sir, you're drunk!" "And you, madam, are ugly,
but in the morning i shall be sober."  Not sure if that's really his
quote, anyway, but it's often attributed to him.

rone
--
"I don't even know you.  What if you're a psycho?"
"Would a psycho waste the last of his triple-sec?"