Dragaera

Question on "Pressing"

Mon Dec 8 09:48:57 PST 2003

>From: David Silberstein <davids at kithrup.com>
>To: Dragaera List <dragaera at dragaera.info>
>Subject: Question on "Pressing"
>Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 19:29:45 -0800 (PST)
>

>TECKLA, Chapter 10:
>
>      "He was pressing you, Vladimir. If he had continued,
>       he would have had the initiative and your balance
>       would have been not right."
>
>     "Pressing me?"
>
>      "Each time he shifted his feet, he would end with
>       his weight more forward.  It is a trick some of
>       these elfs use.  I think they don't know they
>       are doing it."
>

>It occurred to me that this "trick" might very well be
>known to exist in the real world, and it is my hope that
>those on this list who actually study and practice the
>martial arts might comment on its factuality or lack
>thereof.
>
>It seems to me that it would be something that could
>occur any time an extremely tall fencer was facing
>someone much smaller.
>
>Any thoughts?
Ye that is certainly a valid maneuvre to force an opponents off-balance and
back, especially if the opponent doesn't realize it. It provides a distinct
advantage when he/she is forced to abruptly adjust.

James Griffin, Still Another Vlad faN
P.S. I speak from rueful experiance.

Wonder if the latest virus has gotten to your computer? Find out. Run the
FREE McAfee online computer scan!