Dragaera

Now *here's* a thought

David Silberstein davids at kithrup.com
Mon Dec 8 16:42:40 PST 2003

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 ReVibe68 at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 12/7/03 11:08:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>davids at kithrup.com writes:
>

>> Kieron the Conqueror has already been named as Devera's father.

>Excuse me to be disagreeing with you gently, but Kieron is not
>Devera's father.

But he is.  This is not pararectal ideation, this is an /ex cathedra/
pronouncement.  Handed down directly by Pope Steven Karl Zoltan, even.

>  I am under the impression that Mario is Devera's Pappy because
>Aliera is currently shagging Aforementioned Master-Assassin.

Shagging != Fathering.  Especially in the Dragaeran Empire, where
halfbreeds are deeply stigmatized.  Especially to Aliera e'Kieron, who
is exceedingly skilled in sorcery, and almost certainly has the
contraceptive spells down cold.

>But I'm curious as to what makes you think that Kieron is Devera's
>dad?

   http://www.sequentialtart.com/archive/feb01/brust.shtml

Scrolling down to the bottom:

  ST: Will we ever find out who the heck Deverra's father is?

   SB: I'm not sure. Of course, if you want me to tell you, I will.

  ST: All right, who is Deverra's father?

   SB: Kieron the Conqueror.