Dragaera

Another question for Steve, re: Drien....

Chris Olson - SunPS Chrisf.Olson at Sun.COM
Mon Jan 5 10:33:47 PST 2004

If I'm recalling correctly, Drien was either a female-turned-
male, or a male-turned-female.

Did the name come from Charles d'Eon de Beaumont?  (I recently
read of d'Eon (changed from Deon), in "By the Sword", and
the similarity was remarkable.  I had to ask.:)

For those interested: d'Eon lived in the 18th Century and was
an excellent fencer as well as being a secret agent, soldier,
lawyer, diplomat, etc.  As d'Eon would, throughout his life,
dress sometimes as a man and sometimes as a woman, his sex
wasn't known until his death (fooled a great many people, too...).

Just curious to know if that was were Drien came from, or
if it was just coincidence.

Cheers!
Chris