Dragaera

Steve's Web Log

Sat Jan 10 12:21:31 PST 2004

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 13:12:20 -0600, you wrote:

>I really should do something.  I've been looking at Atkins, but *that* just
>seems like too much work.

If you only need to lose a few pounds, the cheating way to do Atkins
is to cut out the major portions of carbs from your diet.  For
instance, I usually don't gain any weight at all if I simply go to
diet sodas.  (I have to use Diet Rite or Hansen's Diet, since I'm
violently allergic to Nutrasweet).  2 litres of Coke a day was packing
the poundage on me.

Then look at dropping the bags of chips and stuff and going to better
carbs, like fruit or my favourite, jicama.  Just cutting out the
excess carbs can actually bring down a bit of weight.  The whole
programme is really only necessary if you need to do some serious
weight loss.  I need to go back on it.  I lost 65 pounds in about 4
months, but put it back on when I dropped off the programme
altogether.  Got custody of my 12 year old daughter, and suddenly
there's dry cereal  in the house, which is my arch-nemesis.  I found
it easier to quit smoking than to stay away from Cheerios and Lucky
Charms.  The dry cereal even overcomes the diet soda regimen.  Evil
Cereal.

--

laz

I am the Dread Pirate Roberts #23546.