Dragaera

Steve's Web Log

Kenneth Gorelick pulmon at comcast.net
Sat Jan 10 17:07:56 PST 2004

Atkins works really well for >90% of the people who try it. The myth
about total abstinence from carbs is based on a "grain" of truth:
during the first 2 weeks you keep total carbs to under 20 grams per
day. That means one small green salad and one portion of low-carb
veggies (e.g., broccoli, asparagus, green beans) per day. all the meat,
fish, eggs, and most of the cheese you can eat. After 2 weeks you add
carbs back in gradually. You can go off the diet for special meals (I
had a wonderful pasta nero in new york Thursday night) as long as you
go right back on it.

Unless you are a Vegan it is a pretty easy diet. If you ARE a Vegan,
your weight loss is really fast since for two weeks you can't eat
ANYTHING (LOL).

I agree with laz' comments on soda, chips and other high carb junk
food, too.

Ken