Dragaera

Dzur and Sex

David Silberstein davids at kithrup.com
Fri Jan 16 17:53:00 PST 2004

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Jeffrey Kiok wrote:

>As I recall, in Taltos, Vlad asks Morrolan who he knows that went
>down the Dzur path on the waterfalls, and Morrolan says Sethra.  Vlad
>remarks that he always thought Sethra was a dragon.

I think Sethra is an exception to nearly all rules of social
propriety.

Besides, we know it is possible to join House Dzur by defeating 17
Dzur Heros.  Sethra may have been given a burial by Dzurs who wished
to honor her by tacitly acknowledging that anyone who defeated as many
Dzur as she did - we don't know the number, but almost certainly far
greater than 17 - was an honorary Dzur.

Paarfi has been careful to never state either Sethra's House, or the
lack of knowledge of her House.  Although I think he does say that
Sethra the Younger is a Dragon.

At this point, we don't know if Sethra is a Dragon, a Dzur, or a
Dragon-Dzur mix, although it hasn't been ruled out either.  If she
*were* a mix, I think the polite avoidence of the topic would be
common.

To put it simply, Sethra is Sethra.