Dragaera

Dzur and Sex

Fri Jan 16 21:49:11 PST 2004

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, David Silberstein wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Jeffrey Kiok wrote:
>
> >As I recall, in Taltos, Vlad asks Morrolan who he knows that went
> >down the Dzur path on the waterfalls, and Morrolan says Sethra.  Vlad
> >remarks that he always thought Sethra was a dragon.

I think Vlad isn't the most reliable judge of apparent lineage.

> I think Sethra is an exception to nearly all rules of social
> propriety.
>
> Besides, we know it is possible to join House Dzur by defeating 17
> Dzur Heros.  Sethra may have been given a burial by Dzurs who wished
> to honor her by tacitly acknowledging that anyone who defeated as many
> Dzur as she did - we don't know the number, but almost certainly far
> greater than 17 - was an honorary Dzur.
>
> Paarfi has been careful to never state either Sethra's House, or the
> lack of knowledge of her House.  Although I think he does say that
> Sethra the Younger is a Dragon.

I fail to understand any of your reasoning above in the context
of Jeffrey's observation.  Probably the lack of alcohol at my gf's.

> At this point, we don't know if Sethra is a Dragon, a Dzur, or a
> Dragon-Dzur mix, although it hasn't been ruled out either.  If she
> *were* a mix, I think the polite avoidence of the topic would be
> common.

It's also possible that she's not a mix in the sense that she has a Dragon
ancestor and a Dzur ancestor - she might have come from a line based on
both sets of genes, i.e. she's a DzurDragon not a Dzur-Dragon.