Dragaera

Kelly's Movement

Matthew Klahn mklahn at mac.com
Mon Jan 19 11:29:26 PST 2004

No more! No more! I can't avoid work ALL DAY! :)

I see some of your points, but the one thing I disagree about is
Kelly's lack of self-interest. He DOES think he knows what's best for
everyone in society, and _he's_ the one who can make the
Easterner/Teckla gov't work, at least in his own mind. Do you think
that he's saying they should all overthrow the Empire and then some
_other_ person is going to take over and establish the gov't? And, once
you've got that power, you're going to become corrupt
(<AI-construct-recently-known-as-Agent-Smith voice>It is
inevitable</AICRKAAS>).

He may THINK he's being altruistic, but he's not, in my eyes. I'm sure
that Stalin thought he was doing what was best for the proles in
Russia, too.

Oh, wait, one other thing:  while the Nazi's and slave owners (and
countless divine-right-of-kings Kings) thought they were doing god's
will, they have the disadvantage that no one could ask god what his
will was. Not a problem on Dragaera.

--
Matthew S. Klahn
Software Architect, CodeTek Studios, Inc.