Dragaera

Kelly's Movement

Matthew Klahn mklahn at mac.com
Mon Jan 19 16:44:10 PST 2004

On Jan 19, 2004, at 18:16 , Bob wrote:

> These
> criminals know that by joining the Organization, they have become fair
> game
> to be killed, not only that, but they are prepared to die temporarily,
> being
> highly paid or highly valued enough to be resurrected, and accept the
> fact
> that they might be made unrevivable.

You know, you're bringing up a whole 'nother point that I frankly
forgot about: (some forms of) death is an inconvenience to most of the
people Vlad assassinated, while every death of a peasant is as
permanent as if it were unrevivifiable (or Morganti, if Teckla don't go
over Deathsgate, as people speculated earlier). It just seems to me
that Kelly is counting on making martyrs out of quite a lot of Teckla
so that the rest of society gets so revolted (heh) that they will join
the revolution. Not something that places him in the top 100 people I
would elect to high office.

> I fail to see how that misses the thrust of the arc.  I never argued
> that
> Vlad was moral in his actions, in fact I deliberately used the
> negation to
> waive that concern, the point of my post was merely to point out that
> Kelly
> and Vlad were performing distinct deeds and that in my opinion Kelly's
> actions themselves were worse than Vlad's.

You do me the honor of allowing me to agree completely (or, as Ani
DiFranco would say: "Complee agretely") with your well-stated position.

--
Matthew S. Klahn
Software Architect, CodeTek Studios, Inc.