Dragaera

The pleasures and quandries of getting older

Mark A Mandel mam at theworld.com
Fri Jan 30 15:27:50 PST 2004

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004, Kenneth Gorelick wrote:

#There was so much about Zelazny that was great. I loved his throwaway
#lines--Among my relations I like sex the best and Eric the
#least...Tokyo Bay with "condums (sic)...limp, semitransparent
#testaments to the urge to continue the species but not tonight"...His
#premature demise was a tragedy in many, many ways.

And then there were the absolutely godawful shaggy-dog episodes. I
remember two in the Amber series, presented here so as hopefully to
remind those who have read them without spoiling the agony awaiting
those who have yet to do so:

	That was when the fit...

and

	There was an old hermit...