Dragaera

Teckla 2.0

Sat Feb 7 13:22:30 PST 2004

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 03:32:03 -0600, you wrote:

>I recently reread "Teckla" for the first time since it originally came out
>(I freely admit it is my least favorite of Mr. Brust's works), and I found
>that it was quite a different book than I remembered.

My problem with reading Teckla is that Steve is too damned good a
writer.  He captured the emotions of a marriage's breaking apart so
perfectly, reading that book actually takes me back to the time of my
divorce.  It can be very difficult to read.

And, for added bizarre coincidence value:  My ex-wife took the name
"Aliera" for her SCA persona.  She had an affair with a guy who used
the name "Vlad" in the SCA, then later with a guy named Steve.

And after our divorce, she got a job as a waitress at The Blue Flame
Grill.  I kid you not, it's in a small town in southern Alabama.

--

laz

I am the Dread Pirate Roberts #23546.
Ask me about franchise opportunities!