Dragaera

Really, really, really stupid question

Mon Feb 16 15:17:17 PST 2004

From: David Silberstein <davids at kithrup.com>
Date:  Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:16:09 -0800 (PST)

>On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Mia McDavid wrote:
>

>>Not to worry.  Dzurlord is synonymous with Dzur.  There are no
>>Dzurcommoners.

<SCHNIPPY>

>[1] Vlad mouths off to a Hawklord in /Jhereg/, and I find myself
>wondering if it was none other than Paarfi of Roundwood.  Of course,
>there are probably many Hawklords; there's no reason to think it was
>Paarfi.  And come to think of it, we've never seen anything to
>indicate Paarfi's rank, have we?

I seem to recall that he is _Sir_ Paarfi of Roundwood, right?  Ah, here we go - as of the publication of _Five Hundred Years After_, he is Sir Paarfi of Roundwood, writing from Springsign Manor.

(Minor grumble: Daymar would be EVEN MORE GLOMPY if it turns out that he's Hawk Heir or something.  Even if he never lives to be Hawk Emperor, I get the giggles whenever I think of a Hawk Emperor being Daymarish at petitioners.  Seems to me that Hawk Emperors would run a higher risk of regicidal feelings than other emperors would, sheerly on account of their amazingly glompy and frustratingly vague ways.)

¬
mj