Dragaera

Flying Dragons

Tue Feb 24 23:18:30 PST 2004

>From: Joy Jennifer Nicholson <jjnichol at MIT.EDU>
>To: Kenneth Gorelick <pulmon at comcast.net>
>CC: Dragaera List <>
>Subject: Re: Flying Dragons
>Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 22:13:37 -0500
>
>question below, after the spoiler pause....
>

> > There is one piece of Issola that I thought I understood, but if it is
> > true that dragons cannot fly, then what is going on?

  Definite  Issola Spoilers

> > (Let's make this a three asterisk pause)
> >

> > *
> >

> > *
> >

> > *
> >

> > p.233
> > ...and there was a tremendous flash of light from directly overhead
> > that left me seeing spots just as I was wondering if I should get
> > involved somehow... The air had that queer tang it gets after a heavy
> > thunderstorm.
> > "What was that Loiosh?"
> > "Something from that guy overhead, I think, Boss."
> > "Good. Did it accomplish anything?"
> > "I don't know. But one of them is down."
> > I saw it then--one of the Jenoine was down indeed, and wouldn't be
> > getting up again, and there was no mystery about what had taken it out:
> > the dragon was holding it down with two paws and tearing chunks out  of
> > the thing with its teeth...
> >
> > So, what was overhead if not the dragon? There is no mention of any
> > other entity flying around.

As already mentioned, there was one "god" ( nobody could seen him? her? it?)
shrouded in darkness hovering about fifty feet overhead. Check out a few

> >(snip)
> >

>I read and re-read the end fight in Issola, but I never managed to figure
>out to my satisfaction:   How many Jenoine were there?  We hear about
>When I read something like this, I try to picture where everyone is, what
>they're doing, who's threatening them, but in this fight I just can't keep
>track of how many Jenoine there are and what they're all doing.  Does
>anyone
>have it figured out?

As I remember reading, there were four Jenoine.

Two were facing Adron/Lesser Sea (broke Necromance's block to escape),
  One (eaten/rent/shredded by dragon) holding off gods (in general-not
Verra, who was with Sethra's party),
  One (sucked up by Godslayer, Pathfinder, and Iceflame) facing Sethra's
party.

I believe the sequence goes something like this:
Scene: Cliff overlooking/fronting Lesser Sea
1 Sethra's party arrives. Necromancer gets to work.
2. Gods arrive (with dragon).
3. Jenoine arrive.
4a. Two Jenoine start sucking up chaos/ resetting their connection to Lesser
Sea. (undoing Necromancer's work)
4b. Two Jenoine hold off the advancing attackers. (split up)
5. Morrollan goes down. (looks permanent, but Blackwand is still active.)
6. One Jenoine goes down (by means of dragon.)
7. Face-off between Sethra, Aliera, and Verra versus other single Jenoine.
8. Gods stymied. (presumably one of the paired Jenoine is defending against
the gods now in place of the dragon-eaten former Jenoine. I can't remember)
9. Teldra takes Vlad's Morganti blade and stabs the Jenoine facing Sethra
and Co.
10. Jenoine returns the favor.
11a. Godslayer re-born.
11b. Slays single Jenoine. (Iceflame & Pathfinder "join the party.")
12a. Adron severs Jenoine connection to Lesser Sea.
12b. Two remaining Jenoine flee.

That is roughly how I remember it, but I don't have the book in front, so
I'm certain everyone will chime in at some point or other.

James Griffin, Still Another Vlad faN

Say “good-bye” to spam, viruses and pop-ups with MSN Premium -- free trial
offer! http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200359ave/direct/01/