Dragaera

Flying Dragons

Kenneth Gorelick pulmon at comcast.net
Wed Feb 25 04:09:15 PST 2004

On Feb 25, 2004, at 12:26 AM, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

> Joy Jennifer Nicholson <jjnichol at MIT.EDU> writes:
>
>> also, as a side question, how is Jenoine pronounced, anyway?  It's
>> not on
>> the pronunciation list at the beginning of Jhereg.....
>
> <http://dragaera.info/encyclopedia/data/pg-test/#LETTERJ> (no sound
> file, but we do show how to pronounce the word)
> --
> David Dyer-Bennet, <mailto:dd-b at dd-b.net>, <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
> RKBA: <http://noguns-nomoney.com> <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>
> Photos: <dd-b.lighthunters.net>  Snapshots:
> <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>
> Dragaera/Steven Brust: <http://dragaera.info/>

Of course, the pronunciation is only a part of the enigma. It seems
interesting to me that a race for whom reality is a mathematical
expression, who seem to live in the only "real" space, with territory
beyond it being the equivalent of dream-walking, should have a racial
name that appears to be a colloquial pronunciation of "genuine"...