Dragaera

OT: a great ten rule

Fri Feb 27 16:40:52 PST 2004

From: John Klein <zarkon at illrepute.org>
>On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Joshua Kronengold wrote:
>
>@> This is also how I set up my unauthorized Megatokyo (a popular, and
>@> good webcomic) rss feed -- it just pulls the name of the strip and a
>@> link to the page where the strip is located, thus giving notification
>@> of when the site is updated without either messing with the creator's
>@> theoreticla rights or encouraging people to miss the ads and rants on
>@> the site itself.
>
>And Megatokyo is a good example of why this works. You're saving yourself
>significant effort if you're informed when it actually gets updated
>instead of having to check constantly on the off chance...

OK, I can understand that.  In the case of Making Light, while there
aren't new entries every day, there's a thriving community in the
comment threads that is worth checking daily.  But I can see how that
would be useful for something like the "Hello Cthulhu" web-strip
or Steve's own blog.

--
   David Goldfarb       <*>|"Feeling smug about one's opinions is the very
goldfarb at ocf.berkeley.edu  | lifeblood of the Net."