Dragaera

Geography: I have a map up on my website

Sun Mar 7 22:37:18 PST 2004

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Bryan Newell wrote:

> As to Kana and Deathgate:
>
> The Paths of the Dead, pages 104-105 - [Kana] had established communication,
> intelligence, and transport lines to the Ocean-sea in the south and west,
> and nearly to the desert [Suntra] in the East ... [Kana and Habil] were
> engaged in debating the virtues of attempting to take the western portion of
> the desert of Suntra, compared to the advantages of working around it to the
> south ... [Fwynn] is to the north of the desert
>
> So they hadn't yet made it that far.  And there's no real reason to "take"
> Deathgate Falls.  I believe Kana was looking a little more east, toward
> Redface.

Working around Suntra to the south?  It looks like they have to take most
of the empire to get around it that way.  Incidentally, if I were Emperor
I think I'd put some effort into turning the desert arable - it's much too
much in the way.

Dragaera City seems rather awfully placed - how did they supply the city?
By barges hauled through the Eastern Jungles?

Redface looks about as far from the Pepperfields as Adrilahnka is from
Dzur Mountain.  As I recall the former is a very easy journey - a day on
foot?