Dragaera

Cycle Progression

David Silberstein davids at kithrup.com
Sun Mar 14 22:16:25 PST 2004

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Philip Hart wrote:

>On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, David Silberstein wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Bryan Newell wrote:
>>
>> >I thought that the Sorceress in Green was the "Athyra" who ruled
>> >Norathar wasn't "pure" back before the Interregnum.
>
>> You are entirely correct.  Which means that the entire Dragon Council
>> was confused as to her House, back in the day.
>
>I don't believe the council was present - Sethra says the results were
>brought to her, and she gave them to the council (_Yendi_, pg 118 [ppb]).
>Then Baritt, an Athyra, and a Lyorn double-checked.  Presumably Baritt
>brought the second set of results to the council.  Only one Lyorn needed
>to be fooled.  Plus of course the SiG could have changed her appearance,
>as I noted in a parallel post.

I'm reading the same page you are, and what *I* see is that Sethra the
Younger did the first genescan (which results Sethra Lavode brought to
the council), and that "the council had a committee of three do
another one."  So I presume that the council *saw* this committee,
which was Baritt, the SiG, and a Lyorn.  Why would they not want to
know who was undertaking this very serious task?

Skipping a few pages on, I see that Sethra Lavode never met the other
members of the committee that did the second genescan (as far as she
knew then, obviously).