Dragaera

Cycle Progression

Sun Mar 14 22:31:52 PST 2004

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, David Silberstein wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Philip Hart wrote:

> >> You are entirely correct.  Which means that the entire Dragon Council
> >> was confused as to her House, back in the day.
> >
> >I don't believe the council was present - Sethra says the results were
> >brought to her, and she gave them to the council (_Yendi_, pg 118 [ppb]).
> >Then Baritt, an Athyra, and a Lyorn double-checked.  Presumably Baritt
> >brought the second set of results to the council.  Only one Lyorn needed
> >to be fooled.  Plus of course the SiG could have changed her appearance,
> >as I noted in a parallel post.
> >

> I'm reading the same page you are, and what *I* see is that Sethra the
> Younger did the first genescan (which results Sethra Lavode brought to
> the council), and that "the council had a committee of three do
> another one."  So I presume that the council *saw* this committee,
> which was Baritt, the SiG, and a Lyorn.  Why would they not want to
> know who was undertaking this very serious task?

Why throw in a Lyorn, if the council was watching?  Why not have an
e'Lanya wizard check, too?  Hell, probably several of the council members
could have done it - if say Adron was on the council.

> Skipping a few pages on, I see that Sethra Lavode never met the other
> members of the committee that did the second genescan (as far as she
> knew then, obviously).

Why not have Sethra do the scan?  She's apolitical and of unimpeachable
integrity.

I'm thinking the whole thing was an even deeper set-up than Vlad's version
of events.  The only person able to manipulate Baritt, the SiG, StY, and
the Dragon Council?  Someone who thinks being a Jhereg is excellent
training?  Someone who wanted Adron to be the Heir at the end of the
Cycle?  Hmm...