Dragaera

Cycle Progression

Tue Mar 16 09:19:14 PST 2004

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 08:40:11AM -0600, Joshua Kronengold wrote:

> Philip Hart writes:

> It's possible, but IIRC, the numbers we have indicate that a change in
> emperor does not -necessarily- indicate a change in Cycle -- isn't the
> largest amount of time a house can remain ascendant longer than the
> usual Dragaeran lifetime?

In fact, we have definitive proof otherwise with Tortaalik (or however
the heck it was spelled) and Zerika.  Both Phoenixes, no cycle change.

Other things suggest this as well.  I believe there are multiple
emperor <name> of the <xth> cycle.'  Even allowing for Paarfiisms,
that sort of usage wouldn't come up unless there was more than one
emperor possible per house reign.
--
   "Many men stumble across the truth, but most manage to pick
themselves up and continue as if nothing had happened."