Dragaera

Cycle Progression

Tue Mar 16 19:18:03 PST 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Jeffrey Kiok wrote:

> On Mar 16, 2004, at 6:15 PM, Philip Hart wrote:
>
> > [chorus of speculation about multi-emperor reigns snipped]
> >
> > Just one bite at the apple or chaos ensues (except for the end of Great
> > Cycles).
>
> As we learn in FHYA, do not events manifest themselves in a precipitous
> way so that all involved "feel" or "know" that the cycle is going to
> change?

No, this is a matter of argument.  Some people feel a change, some don't.

> Is not a change in the cycle marked by changes that the ruling
> Emperor cannot control?

Or the emperor dies.  Or a House, having over time lost its power and
influence, decides it's time to hand on the baton.  Or perhaps the gods
make their opinion clear.

We've seen two transitions - one over a non-crisis, one a mess.