Dragaera

Cycle Progression

Wed Mar 17 13:14:31 PST 2004

> --- Mark A Mandel <mam at theworld.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Sean Whalen wrote:
> >
> > #   Definitely not.  The Great Cycle of the Phoenix
> > #(the first Great Cycle) ended when Cherova
> > abdicated
> > #in favor of Tortaalik.  She was Empress during the
> > #Reign of the Athyra, Cycle of the Athyra, Great
> > Cycle
> > #of the Phoenix.  When Tortaalik became Emperor he
> > #began the Reign of the Phoenix, Cycle of the
> > Phoenix,
> > #Great Cycle of the Dragon.
>
>    I'll try to cite these as best I can without the
> books.  If anyone is reading them now or has them
> available I'd welcome any additional support.

I'm AFB, but have access to my timeline, where I wrote:
Note also that The Phoenix Guards (PG ix) claims that this is still
the Cycle of the Athyra. This is certainly incorrect by standard practice,
but an exception may have been made in this case so as to count Zerika IV's
reign as the beginning of the Great Cycle. It is interesting that Five
Hundred Years After, published shortly after the end of her reign,
returns to correct usage, calling Tortaalik's reign the beginning of
the Great Cycle of the Dragon.]

Alexx

Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of my employers.
alexx at carolingiaSPAMBL@CK.org                http://www.panix.com/~alexx
"...and if he was the AntiPope, does that mean that if he ever met
 with the good Pope there would have been a tremendous burst of
 illumination generated?  The calligraphers WOULD have been impressed!"
		       -- Martin de Mont Blanc