Dragaera

vlad

Michael Angelo Tripp-Russo michaelangelo at tripp-russo.com
Tue Mar 30 18:27:34 PST 2004

Joshua Kronengold wrote:

>Genji writes:
>

>>They were worried that newcomers to Brust books would be unable to pronounce
>>it and that would hurt sales.
>>

>Actually, they were worried that distributors and salespeople would be
>unable to pronounce it, more to the point.

This is of course completely flawed becuase they won't not buy the book
becuase they can 't pronounce it. They have to by defualt if reading the
title give it some pronuciation; granted they might have it wrong. There
is of course a point if the Salesperson can't say it right, becuase
he'll look like an ass to someone in the know. When and if it comes time
for "Dzur" either some people will have issues with it or they won't,
but I would suspect that "Dzur" will still be named "Dzur" and it'll
still sell well becuase it'll without a doubt still be a good book.