Dragaera

Phoenix Family Ties (Was: Re: Goblets, Emperors per Reign)

Wed Mar 31 11:12:29 PST 2004

--- David Silberstein <davids at Kithrup.COM> wrote:
> Hmm.  For some reason, I was certain that Loudin was
> Noima's child,
> yet I see that the phrasing "now the Phoenix Heir",
> as does
> Khaavren's apparently distant awareness of her,
> strongly suggests
> that she was not the Heir before.

   I think Loudin's actions aren't really consistent
with being Noima's child.  If she were she could have
found out how bad conditions were in the court and if
it was a good idea to leave the city much easier.
It's possible Noima's child wasn't born beneath a
phoenix and was disqualified as Heir.  He might also
have died at sea, in a war or in an uprising
somewhere, especially if he joined the army.