Dragaera

random comments on The Enchantress of Dzur Mountain: Spoilers

Tue Apr 20 23:20:28 PDT 2004

Michele Riccio <mr1 at rcosta.com> wrote:
> >spoilers for _TEoDM_
> >

> >again, spoilers for the Pirodessey or the end of the Paarfiad or ...

> One irrelevant, but confusing typo on p242, "When she [the Sorceress
> in Green] approached Morrolan and Sethra..." (should have been Sethra
> and Sethra the Younger -- Morrolan is supposed to be nowhere near the
> battlefield) made me wonder if the order of events was changed at some
> point in the course of editing the novel. Morrolan in the east seems
> to know an awful lot about what's going on in the battlefield.
>
> marty

I noticed that too - I just didn't get around to looking it up so I could
comment (thanks for doing the work Marty!).

The typo (if that's what it is) felt very blatant, like it was put there to
see if we were paying attention.

I fear that was NOT left there on purpose.  <chuckles>  Any typos, mix-ups, ect., can be directly blamed upon me, as I was the one that did the page proofing.

There is another place which, due to my current fatigue, I cannot remember the page number, where the word "is" appears instead of "to".

While beating myself up over missing these things, Steve informed me that, although rare, sometimes typoes are introduced after page-proofing.  Also, the page proofing of Sethra Lavode was delayed, as approximately 90 pages were lost for a time between this place and that.

The full name of Tri'nagore is Tristangrascalaticrunagore.

Peace,

Caliann

"Offense theives. -- they take it when it isn't offered." --Tom Digby