Dragaera

Witchcraft [SL spoilers]

Tue May 4 17:10:05 PDT 2004

On Tue, 4 May 2004 charles_sumner at harvard.edu wrote:

> At 10:10 AM 5/4/2004 -0700, Kenneth Stone wrote:
> >--- Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu> wrote:
> > >

> > > spoilers for TEoDM/SL
> > >

> > > I asked why Trinagore had stopped Brimsford's witchcraft and Arra's
> > > seeing but not Arra's (and Morrolan's?) spells.
>
> 1) Kana may have made a pact with Trini specifically to counter Brimford,
> not all witchcraft.  In fact, other than Brimford, there weren't any
> instances shown of witchcraft not working.  Blocking Arra's seeings may
> have simply been a side effect of a Tri'ni's presence more than something
> specific on his part.  Kana may not have even known that Arra had "sight"

I believe what (slim) evidence there is supports my view - Sethra says
(pg 139) Arra says she is being "prevented" from Seeing, and notes,
"Skills that are inherent in a person are very difficult to interfere with."

This is an important plot point in that Sethra learns of Kana's advance as
a consequence.