Dragaera

proofreading etc [spoilers 4 tEoDM/SL]

Thu May 6 14:51:23 PDT 2004

On Thu, 6 May 2004, Mark A Mandel wrote:

> On Tue, 4 May 2004, Philip Hart wrote:
>
> #On Tue, 4 May 2004, Kenneth Stone wrote:
> #
> #>
> #> --- Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu> wrote:
> #
> #Comment for Mark Mandel - the plural of "Dragon" is "Dragons", the plural
> #of "Lyorn" is "Lyorn".
> #
>
> What, did I say "Lyorns"?

No smear intended - I at least was unaware of this fact, and thought it
might be noted by someone with linguistic expertise and a faq.

> And, of course, sometimes the appropriate word for members of the House
> of the Dragon is "Dragonlords".

Presumably there's a theory about the existence of "Dragonlord" and
"Hawklord" and the apparent absence of "Issolalord" etc.

And perhaps about Pel's invariable title "Venerance".