Dragaera

martin vs Jordan vs Feist vs...

Wed May 12 08:20:12 PDT 2004

> Is he?  I'm annoyed by Feist because he's a mediocre writer,
> because he stole (through a third party, but who cares?)
> outrageously from M. A. Barker (and never admitted it), and
> because cutting Magician where they did for the paperback
> edition was a crime against humanity, but I wouldn't say
> that, say, Magician was particularly similar to Mistress of
> the Empire, or that either was similar in any way to Faerie Tale.

Mistress of the Empire isn't entirely Feist's work.  Janny Wurts co-authored
Mistress.

However, I didn't find any repetition in the portion of the books I read,
but I didn't get into the later books as much, so stop reading after the
main sequence (which I can't remember the titles of, but it began with
Magician) was finished. In fact, though, I liked Mistress of the Empire (and
the two sequels) better than the books that came after Magician. Which led
me to attempting something else by Janny Wurts, which I didn't enjoy as
much.

Actually, in some ways the break is a convenient one.  It puts the books in
manageable hand held sizes for those times you're in an awkward place for
reading. :)