Dragaera

Paarfi's account vs... (major spoilers for Sethra Lavode)

Thu May 20 15:57:52 PDT 2004

On Thu, 20 May 2004, Alexx Kay wrote:

> > On Thu, 20 May 2004, John Klein wrote:
> >
> > > On Sun, 16 May 2004, Philip Hart wrote:
> > >
> > > @> > @> > @> > @> > @> >
> > > @> > @> > @> > @> > @> >
> > > @> > @> > @> > @> > @> >
> > > @> > @> > @> > @> > @> >
> > > @> > @> > @> > @> > @> >
> > > @> > @> > @> > @> > @> >
> > > @> > @> > @> > @> > @> >
> > > @> > @> > @> > @> > @> >
> > > @> > @> > @> > @> > @> >
> > > @> > @> > @> > @> > @> > doo dee doo
> > > @> > @> > @> > @> > @> >
> > > @> > @> > @> > @> > @> >
> > > @> > @> > @> > @> > @> >
> > > @> > @> > @> > @> > @> >
> > > @> > @> > @> > @> > @> >
> > > @> > @> > @> > @> > @> >
> > > @> > @> > @> > @> > @> >
> > > @> > @> > @> > @> > @> >
> > > @> > @> > @> > @> > @> >
> > > @> > @> > @> > @> > @> >
> > > @> > @> > @> > @> > @> >
> > > @> > @> > @> > @> > @> >
>
> > > , so we're looking at at least 20 lifespan-years in the past (or
> > > substantially more, depending on how long Zerika's reign was - we don't
> > > know when she stepped down).
> >
> > Alexx will correct us, but I was of the impression that Paarfi is writing
> > about 300 years PI.
>
> "Summoned, I come."  (Been too busy to take part in the actual arguments,
> but a straightforward (and direct) question like this, I can handle.)
>
> The Phoenix Guards is submitted to the Imperial Library in 309 PI
> (approximately 60 years after Issola).  So, "300 years PI" is certainly
> about when he *started* writing/publishing.
>
> Sometime after that (how much is unknown), Norathar takes the throne.  At
> some small-but-controversial number of years after that, FHYA comes out.
> TVoA is published around 180 years into Norathar's reign, so probably
> a bit over 500 years after the Interregnum ended.  Unless Zerika held the
> throne for a particularly long time after the publishing of TPG, which
> we don't have any significant data on.

Thanks, you know these things so I don't have to.  I have to retreat to
"more like 20 Earth-years than 10" (which I don't think really changes
the argument, esp. the Sethra part).  I assume Z gets out after 17**2
years, thanks in part to Vlad giving the J a whupping they won't forget.