Dragaera

Monty Haul Syndrome?

Thu Jun 3 17:17:51 PDT 2004

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, J C wrote:

> 2) Slighty connected to 1) in that we've seen a GW be defeated at its own
> game.  Morrolan has been killed, while wielding the "wand for creating
> death" or whatever it's called.

Twice - once by the Jhereg.

I'm on record as worrying about this (see "Issola, Dragon, J Whedon, and
Chandler's The Long Goodbye" when the Dragaera search is updated) but I
agree with the argument that Vlad's hostages to fortune will allow
sufficient complications and danger; and _Orca_ shows that there are
Vladiadian modes available for future installments without excessive
violence.  For that matter, much of _Taltos_ and _Jhereg_ would work as
is with a GWed Vlad.