Dragaera

Re-reading

J A 'Dusty' Sayers dusty at sayersnet.com
Mon Jun 28 10:08:19 PDT 2004

Howard Brazee wrote:

> I'm curious:
>

> Steve - how often and extensively do you re-read your books when you
> are  preparing for or writing a sequel?    Do you take notes about
> pieces that  you figure are important to this book, or are you just
> re-creating the  environment you want to be in while writing the new
> book?
>

> ================================
>
> Everybody - how often or extensively do you re-read these (or other
> series), when preparing for an announced sequel?
>
> And "how extensively" might in this case include Vlad books only for
> a  Vlad book, Or for Sethra Lavod, the two previous books in that
> series - or  the 4 previous books - or all of the Dragaerian books,
> except Brokedown  Palace, or all Dragaerian books at all?
>
> Have you ever stopped in the middle of a book, and pulled out a
> previous  book to re-read a piece or all of it?

Regarding that last, I have several times read key parts of Brokedown
Palace and The Phoenix Guards in tandem, and am considering doing the
same with parts of Sethra Lavode and [one of the Vlad books].

--
J A Dusty Sayers

'When it is not necessary to change, it is necessary not to change.'
	--Lord Falkland