Dragaera

Repeating messages

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Tue Jun 29 13:28:42 PDT 2004

Michael Angelo Tripp-Russo <michaelangelo at tripp-russo.com> writes:

> Howard Brazee wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 12:15:15 -0400, <charles_sumner at harvard.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Are other folks getting duplicate copies of the messages in the
>>> Morganti  thread?  I'm getting 6 copies of each message.
>>>

>>> Charley Sumner
>>>
>>> "They've hid the information in plain sight by disguising it as a
>>> web  page."
>>>            - Gunsmith Cats
>>>

>> Yep.
>>

> I only got 37 copies of this message above. What I want to know is if
> that number is consistent for everyone or if when the duplication
> starts to happen it isn't the same for everyone. Not that knowing this
> would make any difference at all, save, to satisfy my curiosity.

I'm guessing that the duplication is on delivery here, and hence that
recipients are seeing the same number of copies.

Now, if only I knew how it was being duplicated here (it's not just
list messages, it's randomly selected messages arriving here -- a
higher proportion of list messages than of my general email, it looks
like).
--
David Dyer-Bennet, <mailto:dd-b at dd-b.net>, <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>