Dragaera

Name similarities and pure speculation

Wed Jul 28 16:45:39 PDT 2004

Jerry Friedman wrote:
> --- Donna <ballistica at cox.net> wrote:
>

>>---Jerry_Friedman at yahoo.com wrote on 7/26/2004:
>>
>>>However have we every seen any Dragaeran apologize for anything or
>>>admit to being in the wrong?
>>
>>We've seen Sethra do it during her first meeting with Vlad, in _Taltos_:
>>
>>"We knew you to be a Jhereg as well as an Easterner, and had been
>>expecting
>>you to respond as a Jhereg only....  It seems we don't know Easterners.
>>We
>>have erred.  We are sorry."
>

> I should have remembered that one.
>
> Hm, Sethra, Daymar... two characters whose sex appeal to some I
> can't understand... two Dragaerans who apologize... what's going
> on here?

I think the cited textev of Daymar and Sethra apologizing refutes the
hypothesis that Dragaerans don't apologize; after all we have two
samples from which to generalize, which, according to list tradition, is
one more than we really need.

Jose
--
Jose Marquez                       \  Cthulhu 2004
jhereg69 at earthlink.net              \  Why vote for