Dragaera

On lords of various houses...

Mon Sep 6 18:41:16 PDT 2004

My memory may be playing tricks on me, but I seem to remember Vlad thinking aloud to himself/introducing Morrolan or Aliera and making a distinction between dragon and dragonlord:

(some characteristic) is rare in a dragon, even more so in a dragonlord...

Like I said, my memory may be playing tricks on me, or Vlad could be... you know, Vlad.

Mia McDavid <mia_mcdavid at comcast.net> wrote:

Henrik Jonsson wrote:

>There's definitely a difference between being "merely" Dzur and
>being a Dzurlord, right? Between being "merely" a Dragon and
>a Dragonlord, n'est pas? So, why is this distinction so sorely
>lacking in all the other Houses?

I'm not so sure about that. My impression is that all Dragons, and all
Dzur, are lords. At the other end, no Teckla are lords, and no Teckla
can be emperors; hence the Teckla Republic. It has not been Revealed
>from the Oracle as to the exact situation in the intermediate houses.
Tiassa can be lords, so can Athyra (I would suspect they all are), and
we have heard, I think, of Orca nobles, as well as any number of Orca
thugs and seamen. I've never heard of a Jhegalla lord, or a Chreotha.
There are definitely Hawklords, if my memory serves me correctly. As
far as Phoenix go, there are only ever a tiny number of them; I would
think they must all be nobles. There does seem to be a heierarchy of
Houses, and I suspect that the nobility of the highest members is
dependent on the position of the house.

I have not bothered to look anything up on this . . . my impressions only.

Mia