Dragaera

Joining a house, or changing houses

Mark A Mandel mam at theworld.com
Sat Sep 11 20:03:21 PDT 2004

Rebecca writes:

#	 It mentions in
#one of the Vlad novels that Baritt's descendants had begun taking the name
#e'Baritt because of his great achievements (there's some anachronism here -
#it says in Jhereg that during one of the Dragon-Jhereg wars, the e'Baritt
#line was almost wiped out... I guess they could have taken Baritt's name all
#the way back then, but surely he couldn't have had that many descendants).

If I recall correctly, Steve has said in connection with the e'Baritt
anachronism that more than one person can bear the same name, and that a
line can also be named retroactively. Anyhow, Steve has covered his
retro.

-- Mark A. Mandel
   http://cracksandshards.com
   a Steven Brust Dragaera fan website
[I talk, Dragon NaturallySpeaking types, I correct. Neither of us is
perfect.]